Headshots: Information & FAQs
As a headshot photographer my mission is to create a first impression that shows your confidence, professionalism, and approachability.
There are many photographers that work predominantly with actors and models for headshots. I specialise in business headshots. Let's make you stand head and shoulders above the crowd.
You want professional images that convey to your clients that you are serious in the field in which you work and that you will provide the highest level of service. It is my priority to create headshots that will help you grow your success, no matter where your headshot may be displayed.
I am not just taking your picture, I am showing you in your absolute best light. This includes perfecting the lighting, tones, backdrops, and appearance. When you hand someone your business card or create other types of marketing materials, you should feel delighted with your photo. You should be proud to share your business headshot with those you wish to do business with.
Your Headshot is:
- Your first impression
- Your digital calling card
- Who people imagine you are when they are emailing / calling / social networking with you
- A statement about yourself and how you do business and want to communicate
Pricing and SEsSIONS we OFFER
We offer three types of headshot session:
About An Hour
At Your Location
1 Fully Retouched Image✝︎
No Time Constraint
At Your Location
Fully Retouched Images
Only £99 + £per image*
About 3 Hours
At Your Location
6 x Fully Retouched Images✝︎
Your session takes place where you feel most confident. This can be at your workplace, your home, or a somewhere that you feel represents you better. For example, if you work in a small office, a hotel reception area may provide more space and better backdrop.
✝︎You can always purchase additional images if you wish.
*Per-image charge varies on the total number of headshots. Contact me for a no-obligation quote
If you are not sure what session is best for you, please get in contact and we can talk about it and I will help you pick the right session for you:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please find further information in our FAQs:
How do you work with me during my session?
How do I choose which image I like?
What is retouching?
What about your painterly signature style?
How are my images given to me?
What is the best advice you can give me as a I prepare for my session?
What should I do the night before to prep for my shoot?
What about Makeup?
I am looking for everyone in my organisation to be photographed, how much will that cost, and how long will it take?
Can I reschedule my session if I get sick or something unexpected comes up?
What time of day do you shoot headshot sessions? What day of the week? What about weekends?
I totally and completely hate being photographed. Can you help me?
Can I have my boyfriend/girlfriend/colleague/mum/cat to be with me while we shoot?
How do I know what to wear?
Here are a few tips to picking something to wear for your session:
- Solid colours are generally preferred. Black is always great, darker tones work well.
- Keep it simple! Keep patterns to a minimum, they can pull attention from your face.
- No visible logos or branding on the clothing itself. They not only date the photo but also distract from your face.
- Don’t worry about being seasonal. If it’s summer and you want to wear a sweater, wear a sweater. If it’s winter and freezing outside but you look best in a tank top, bring it on!
- Men, ties are a matter of choice and expectation in your role - you will know best. If you are wearing a tie ensure that your shirt collar size is appropriate.
- Prepare your clothes by ironing them before the shoot.
- If you have a favourite jacket or scarf, have it with you. While we like to veer away from accessories, adding a favourite accessory for a few shots can be a nice touch. If in doubt, have it with you.
- I recommend keeping your jewellery as simple as possible. Dramatic earrings or necklaces might look amazing, but they will pull focus from your facial features. If you’d like to add them for a few shots, that would be great.
- If we’re just shooting simple headshots and not a personal branding session, you don’t need to worry about your shoes!
PROFESSIONAL HEADSHOT PHOTOGRAPHER
Finding the best business headshot photographer can be a challenge. There are many good photographers about who can take nice photos that look like you. That is not enough for an outstanding business image.
When it comes to your success you want the best - so call in the headshot specialist. Since 2020 I have been part of Peter Hurley's Headshot Crew, a worldwide team of photographers who have been trained using Peter's practices.
We all produce high quality headshots under the leadership of the world's Top Headshot Photographer Peter Hurley.